I’ll start off here with an easy one for all ya newbies. But pay attention cause y’all can ruin your find quicker the a revenuer runs from the feds.
Instructions and recipe:
- A decent sized possum or raccoon, gutted and skinned (hopefully the car or truck did it for you).
- A really big, and I mean big pot, like a big stock pot or some other such utensil.
- Water either from the crick or some other trust worthy supply.
- Gather up a bunch of wild rosemary if possible or if not some dandelions and wild grass and shoots will do.
- Over your fire get the pot to boiling but eventually you’ll only want a simmer since if you leave it at a boil you’ll just ruin the vittles.
- Place your dinner in the pot along with the greens and simmer for 5-6 hours
- This will give some time to practice your hand harp or just have a few cold ones.
- When the meat starts to pull off the bone you’ll know it’s ready for consumption.
- Serve over some noodles and you got what I like to call a Hobo Dee spectacular. MMMMMMMYah!